Keto Chocolate Mousse
This Keto Chocolate Mousse is a great dessert while on a diet. With its light texture and intense chocolate flavor, this is a totally crave-worthy dessert.
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 6 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate, Broken Up
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Erythritol (Could Use Xylitol)
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar Substitute (Liquid Is Best)
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Rum, Brandy
- 1 Teaspoon Espresso
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large bowl, cover the chocolate with boiling water.
- Separate the eggs, putting the yolks in a smaller bowl, and the whites in a bowl to be used with a mixer.
- Whisk the yolks with the erythritol, any other powdered sweetener, and the salt. Whisk until smooth and a light lemon color.
- Pour the water off the chocolate (you don't have to get every last bit), saving half a cup aside. Add rum or flavoring and liquid sweetener if used to water. Whisk cocoa and espresso powder into the chocolate, followed by the liquids, followed by the egg yolk mixture.
- Whisk or beat egg white with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Whisk about a third of it into the chocolate mixture, and then fold the rest in.
- In same mixer bowl*, whip cream with a couple of drops of sweetener (or a small amount of powdered), and the vanilla, until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture, half at a time.
- Spoon into individual glasses, cups, or bowls. Cover, and chill at least an hour before serving.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://xlowcarb.com/